CIT Board Online Meeting
February 28, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm Eastern
Present: Leslie Greer, Jimmy Beldon, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Kim Kurz, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, Janis Cole, Becca Minor, and Patty Lessard
- New Board members
- CCIE and CIT collaboration – Kim Kurz will be in contact with Len and will work on setting up a meeting between our organizations. If a second person is needed to be in the meeting, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman volunteered.
- NAOBI-DC Sponsor for their conference March 17 – 12017.
- ASLTA sponsor (https://aslta.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ASLTA_Sponsorship_Letter_2017.pdf)
- DIC sponsor (http://www.deafterpconf.com/spoors.html)
- First International Deaf Translation Summit
- CIT Newsletters – we would like to include articles in the newsletters, we need to try to recruit members to write short articles.
- CIT Deaf Students’ video-recordings – these videos will be posted in the near future and will give reflections on the Deaf Students who Sorenson sponsored to come to the CIT conference.
- CIT Bylaws translated into ASL
- CIT proceedings – the authors who submitted were listed, we had 10 who did submit their articles.
- Approval of meeting minutes – attached for review
- CIT Conference 2016 Budget
- b) WF checking $81,061.48
Communication Minor: None
Professional Development Lazorisak:
- a) Conference Planning
- b) DIC 2 Proposals
Discussion of RID’s identified weaknesses and how we can have presentations at CIT to address those weaknesses.
- Pronominalization in ASL
- Depiction in ASL
- ASL Semantics
- Spatial structuring/Discourse mapping
- Achieving semantic equivalence
- Message coherence
- Receptive fingerspelling
Public Relations & Outreach Cole:
- Summit event at Gallaudet University First translation conference for Deaf translators March 29 – 30, 2017
Publications & Research Wheeler: None
- Needs email address, addresses, cell numbers and VP numbers of the board members.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:10 pm
Next meeting March 9 at 7:00 pm Eastern