Hello! I’m Rosalinda Voss, a hearing person of Deaf parents, Deaf grandparents, and have five other Deaf family members. I have worked as an ASL/English interpreter since 2004 and have managed interpreters for nearly five years. I am conducting this research as a partial fulfillment for a Master’s degree in Interpreting Studies and Communication Equity at St. Catherine University under the supervision of Dr. Erica Alley, NIC-Advanced.
Why is this research being done?
This study will explore perceptions of hearing Codas in leadership positions. I will investigate in what ways the perceptions of Codas in leadership positions impact Deaf individuals as well as Codas in the community. Additionally, this research aims to develop recommendations for equitable leadership approaches. Ultimately, I intend to gather attitudes, beliefs, and/or values associated with identity, group membership, and equity. Your responses will be confidential, and you will never be asked to identify yourself or any Coda that you have worked with in the past.
In order to qualify for study participation, you must:
- Be a Deaf individual or a hearing individual with at least one Deaf parent;
- Live and work/ed in the United States;
- Be at least 18 years old
If you volunteer to participate, you will:
- Complete a questionnaire, which is estimated to take no more than 20 minutes.
- Review and sign a consent form;
- At the end of the survey, you may volunteer to participate in an interview to talk more in depth about your perspectives and experiences.
If you meet the above criteria, and are interested in participating, click here:
Know of someone who may meet the above criteria?
Please feel free to copy this post and share this with them!
Questionnaire responses will be collected until February 1st, 2019