CIT Board Online Meeting
October 4, 2017
8:30 AM PST; 9:30 AM MST; 10:30 AM CST & 11:30 AM EST
The meeting was called to order at 11:30 am Eastern
Present: Leslie Greer, Kim Kurz, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Patty Lessard, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, Becca Minor, and Janis Cole
Minutes approval: September minutes approved
- Communication Guidelines – when to text and when to email. When texting indicate who will do what
- Online voting – a document with guidelines will be developed
- Emergency – can send a text for emergency situations.
- PPM – will bring to Salt Lake City for final review
- Conference Guidelines – will be completed and reviewed at face to face meeting in Salt Lake City
Vice President Kurz:
- Attorney reviewing our CIT document/IRS statues – the attorney will do this pro bono and let us know the positives and negatives of changing our organization status.
- Mary Stotler Award Updates
- Sent announcement to Doug – working on the video
- Finalized Committee: Laurie Swabey (2014 winner – Chair); Anna Witter-Merithew (2006 winner) and Jean Parmir
- Consultant: Needs more details for what we want so Kim will work with him on those revisions to the mission statement and bylaws for equity language.
- Four other Awards – will make a video for the awards and will have it translated. Will send a call for committee chair and then will have the chair choose the committee members.
- Action of Items
- FCC letter from CIT will be drafted and submitted.
- Wells Fargo:
Grand Total: $ 187,611.45
- Gallaudet President’s Circle invitation
Communication Chair Minor:
- Order Post Cards
- Direct mail from Vista Print
Professional Development Chair Lazorisak:
- Updates – Guest presenters
- Replace a Plenary Speaker
- Meeting with Carolyn Ball in Hotel (SLC on Nov 30th)
- Conference Registration Form posting
Public Relations and Outreach Chair Cole:
Research & Publication Chair Wheeler:
- CIT Research “Think Tank”
- Proceeding submitting – timelines for IJIE editors
Future meeting dates and times:
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:30 am Pacific, 11:30 am Eastern
Friday December 1, 2017 evening in Salt Lake City – possibly Saturday evening as well.
Meeting Adjourned by President Greer 12:59 pm Eastern