CIT Online Meeting
October 16, 2018
Time: 4:30 PM PST, 5:30 PM MST, 6:30 PM CST & 7:30 PM EST
Vice President Kurz called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm Eastern
- Roll Call; Jessica Bentley-Sassaman; Kim Brown-Kurz, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, Patty Lessard, Rebecca Minor
- Excused absent: Janis Cole
- Absent: none
- Guest: none
- Late: Leslie Greer
- Minutes approval
- October 2, 2018 approved
- President Greer
- No report
- Vice President Kurz
- ASLTA President – asked about the MOU and we will work on that after the conference is over.
- Exhibitors asked if they can go into the workshops while at CIT, we agreed to allow one person per day from the booth to attend the workshops
- Kim checked to see if Rid sent a check for $500 for the Mary Stotler Award
- Secretary Bentley-Sassaman
- No report
- Treasurer Lessard
Checking: $180,723.03 [recent transfer of $150,000.00 from PayPal]
Total Wells Fargo: $261,064.86
$72,613.00 [transferred $150,000.00 last night to prepare for upcoming conference expenses]
Grand Total: $333,677.86
Reminder that there was approval for additional costs for interpreters that will exceed the original budgeted amount. We are running under budgeted amounts in other categories, so there should be not be a problem. I did receive 18 contracts for the interpreters over the weekend.
- Communication Minor
- Checked into Square for selling jackets. It was a lot of work for a one time deal so we decided cash, check, or PayPal transfer only.
- Will ship the camera to Salt Lake City this week.
- Professional Development Lazorisak
- CIT Conference updates – there are 20 people involved in the committee
- 2020 Conference planning meeting – want to buy promotional stress trucks.
- CATIE Center interviews will take place at the CIT conference.
- Reserved the board room at the hotel for Monday at 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Tuesday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm, Wednesday 8:00 – 4:00 pm. Then we will meet in the President’s room for the rest of the week. Carole will get the menu so we can order in advance.
- Publications & Research Wheeler
- Updates on proceedings – all seems to be going well.
- Diversity Strategy Working Group– how CIT can approach that topic. Possibly a subcommittee to discuss that topic. ITP students attending a conference/training on this at the 2020 conference
- Fee for publications-currently nonmembers can pay $30 to access all the proceedings.
- Public Relations & Outreach Cole
- No Report
- Next Meeting at Salt Lake City October 29, 2018
Meeting adjourned by Vice President Kurz at 8:41 pm eastern.