Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
November 10, 2013
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Cindy Volk, Richard Laurion, Carole Lazorisak, Kimberly Hale (alternate for Annette Miner)
Absent: Jimmy Beldon, Wink Smith, Samond Bishara*, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman*, Annette Miner*
Meeting was opened by President Greer at 1:06 pm PST.
Minutes from the September meeting were approved with two minor revisions.
President Report (Leslie Greer)
- The ASLTA/CIT Task Force needs to be established.
- Be sure to let the CIT secretary know when any board member completes an Action Item so this can be removed from the list.
- Discussion about CIT setting up a Twitter account.
Secretary Report (Cindy Volk)
- Email motion passed in October. The board approved spending up to $5,000 on a revision of the CIT website to make it more user friendly. (B2013:19)
- Discussion about CIT representatives on committees in other organizations such as RID. We will ask our representatives to submit an article/report to the newsletter.
- Board approved spending $3,000 to sponsor the “Institute for Legal Interpreting: Highly Effective Interpreting Teams in Action”. One abstention. (B2013:20)
Treasurer Report (Richard Laurion)
- Richard is working with the IRS on a missed 990 filing.
- Brandon Arthur wants to work with us at the CIT conference with live postings and interviews from the conference. We need to provide high speed internet for this.
- Richard proposed a working budget for the next year as follows:
Revenue (Conference budget is separate):
$30,000 ($20,000 already in) Membership Dues
$ 1,500 Publication (IJIE & Ads) sales
$ 1,000 Donations
$10,000 Board Meetings
$ 7,000 Publication (IJIE & CIT News)
$ 5,000 Web Redesign
$ 3,500 Sponsorship of other conferences
$ 2,000 Insurance
$ 500 bank charges and PayPal charge fees
$ 500 Registration and Taxes
$ 1,000 Scholarships
$ 750 Office Expenses
4. The board approved the working budget. (B2013:21).
Director of Professional Development Report (Carole Lazorisak)
- Discussion about having a member shareshop room at the conference.
- Call for proposals for the 2014 CIT conference has gone out.
- Discussion about having a 5K run before the conference as a fundraiser. Have the Portland committee help with this.
- Discussion about having a Silent Auction with different baskets and each has a theme. Possibly have vendors donate a basket.
Director of Research and Publications Report (Kimberly Hale-alternate)
- Discussion about having the proceedings published as an e-book.
- Kimberly met with Doug and Annette regarding getting information from the database for information related to the journal.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:30 PST.
*represents excused absence