Conference of Interpreter Trainers
March 3, 2013
On-line Board Meeting
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Cindy Farnham, Cindy Volk, Carole Lazorisak, Jimmy Beldon, Annette Miner, Lynne Wiesman
Absent: Richard Laurion and Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Meeting was opened by President, Leslie Greer at 3:08 pm PST.
E-mail Voting (since last meeting)
- The board approved support of Doug Bowen-Bailey to attend the Critical Link Conference in the amount of $750. Doug will be blogging regarding the conference to share with CIT members. Unanimous. 2013:03
- Minutes from November 2012, December 2012 and February 2013 were approved and uploaded to the CIT website.
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Shane Feldman and Brenda Walker Prudhom from RID contacted Leslie and they will be meeting in April by using VP.
- ASLTA contacted Leslie wanting to know the progress on the ASLTA-CIT motion.
- Libby Pollard replied to Leslie to clarify items in the by-laws.
- Students from Western Oregon University will be assisting with the 2014 conference.
Vice-President Report – Cindy Farnham
- Cindy will be following up on the philosophy committee this month.
Secretary Report – Cindy Volk
- Minutes from November 2012, December 2012 and February 2013 have been posted on the CIT website.
- Discussion regarding a request from Ohio RID to sponsor their state conference.
Director of Communications and Technology Report – Lynne Wiesman
- A CIT YouTube channel has been set up.
- A Technology committee has been formed and is meeting in March. Members are: Samond Bishara, Holly Nelson, David Evans and Windell (Wink) Smith.
- Libby/Jimmy videos regarding parliamentary procedure have been placed on the CIT website.
- Asana has been set up and populated with tasks and people for the 2014 conference.
Director of Professional Development Report – Carole Lazorisak
1. Carole has been working on updating the Conference Procedure Planning book and aligning it with the by-laws.
Director of Public Relations and Outreach Report – Jimmy Beldon
- Discussion about sponsorship of the ASLTA 2013 conference.
- The board approved giving a $1,000 sponsorship for the ASLTA conference and an additional $1,000 in in-kind donation (i.e. sending a CIT board member to the conference). Unanimous. 2013:04
Director of Research and Publications Report – Annette Miner
- Annette reported that she is meeting with Jemina Napier to discuss the May journal.
- Len and Annette sent out another call for the proceedings from the 2012 conference.
Director of Membership Report – Jessica Bentley-Sassaman (via e-mail)
- Membership increased by 21 members from January 2013 to March 2013
- According to the by-laws the CIT president chooses the conference chairperson. The conference chairperson can then select individuals to assist with the conference.
- The next face-to-face (strategic planning) meeting will be held in Tucson, AZ. Everyone needs to arrive on Friday, 31. The meeting will be all day on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2. Everyone will leave on Monday, June 3.
- All future on-line meetings will be held on the first Sunday of the month at 3:00 pm PST. The next meetings are April 7 and May 5.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:44 pm PST.