Minutes – July 2013

Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting

July 28, 2013

Persons present:  Leslie Greer, Richard Laurion, Cindy Volk, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Wink Smith.

The meeting began at 2:07 PST.

President Report (Leslie Greer)

  1. Carole Lazorisak and Leslie Greer attended the ASLTA conference and manned the CIT booth at the conference.  There were approximately 20 new members recruited at the ASLTA conference.  Discussion regarding a possible Vlog on the ASLTA website about joining CIT.
  2. The  new mission and vision statements have been approved by the membership.  Jimmy Beldon will now work on revising the by-laws and PPM according to the new mission and vision statements.  He will be establishing a by-laws committee.
  3. Leslie will be posting information regarding the new board members on the CIT news bulletin.
  4. Discussion regarding the RID motion about students being able to take the NIC performance portion prior to graduation (although their certificates will be held pending the degree).

Secretary Report (Cindy Volk)

  1. The board approved the minutes from the May/June board meeting.
  2. Cindy and Dr. Nancy Amann met to get additional details regarding the new strategic plan draft.
  3. Discussion regarding giving CCIE feedback that they requested.  Jessica, Cindy and possibly other CIT members will meet to draft feedback.
  4. Discussion regarding the next face-to-face meeting in Portland. Everyone will fly into Portland on Thursday, September 5.  We will meet all day/evening Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7.  Everyone can fly out on Sunday, September 8.  We will not be meeting on Sunday.
  5. Discussion regarding CIT making a statement about the future of interpreter education.

Director of Membership Report (Jessica Bentley-Sassaman)

  1. Jessica is in the process of contacting the new potential members from the ASLTA conference.
  2. The updated membership rates are on the CIT website.

Director of Communication and Technology Report (Wink Smith)

  1. Wink will work with Doug on a new website program.
  2. Wink will work on having someone have knowledge as the webmaster in case Doug is unable to continue as webmaster.
  3. All board members should contact Wink if they have communication or technology questions.
  4. Discussion regarding having a membership number for CIT.

Meeting was adjourned at 3:12 PM PST.

The next meeting will be the September face-to-face meeting in Portland.
The following meeting will be Thursday, October 10, 12:00 PM PST.