Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
December 9, 2012
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Cindy Farnham, Cindy Volk, Richard Laurion, Julie Simon, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Jimmy Beldon
The meeting was called to order by President Leslie Greer at 2:00 pm PST.
President Report-Leslie Greer
- The new directors have been selected by the executive board members.
Vice-President Report-Cindy Farnham
- The Philosophy Committee has met and will be sending out changes to the membership soon.
- Discussion regarding the board Conflict of Interest forms and policy. Cindy Farnham will send the policy and forms out to each board member. They will complete the form and send it back to her. She will check with Carla Mathers to see if she is still willing to review these.
- The PPM needs to be sent to all new board members.
Treasurer Report-Richard Laurion
- Discussion regarding changing our bank accounts to on-line accounts. The cost is approximately the same as Quickbooks on line.
- The board approved moving the bank accounts to on-line. The cost is $21.95 per month. Unanimous.
- Richard reported that we still have approximately $30,000 to pay the hotel for the conference.
- Total in the bank account as of now is $112,650.13
Secretary Report-Cindy Volk
Cindy Volk will send out the draft of the business meeting minutes to all board members.
Membership Director Report-Julie Simon
Julie has the following recommendations for the 2012-2014 Membership Committee.
~ Review membership categories for rates and benefits
Appropriateness of current membership categories
Appropriateness of membership rates
Appropriateness of benefits given current rates
~ Increase membership in all categories
Recruit membership in all categories, particularly Organizational
~ Review and revise Standing Rules for biennial Business Meeting
Standing Rules used during 2012 Business Meeting in N.C. were revised in 2004
~ Clarify By-Laws and Standing Rules to accurately reflect the process for
determining quorum for Business Meeting as directed by Parliamentarian in
Quorum: One-third of Voting Members in good standing who are registered
for the conference.
All new directors need to send a picture and a short bio to Doug for the website.
The next face-to-face meeting will be held in San Diego on February 1 and 2.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:08 pm PST.