Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
January 30, 2015
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Jimmy Beldon, Kimberly Hale, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Wink Smith, Jeremy Rogers, Kellie Stewart, Carole Lazorisak
Excused absent: Patti Lessard
The meeting was opened at 3:15 pm PST by President, Leslie Greer
The meeting minutes from the December 26, 2014 meeting were approved.
- Discussion of members who can serve on the committee for RID Certification Counsel
- Discussion of communication norms via email.
- Discussion of having a manual for each position so that when new board members join, they have a manual that describes their position.
- Discussion about sponsoring the Deaf Interpreter conference prior the ASLTA conference in June and Street Leverage Conference in April
- Discussion of the database training at our Face to Face meeting in Arizona April 24-26, 2015. Doug will come to train us.
- Discussion of the 2016 conference. We will ask Linda Bozeman and her committee to develop at least three themes to submit to Board.
- Discussion of the 2014 conference proceedings copyright fee and ordering procedure of International Journal of Interpreter Education.
- The board approved renewing the Serena Copy Editor Contract. (B2015:2)
The meeting was closed at 4:36 pm PST.