CIT Board Online Meeting
June 20, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM Eastern
Present: Leslie Greer, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Kim Kurz, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, Janis Cole and Becca Minor
Excused: Patty Lessard
- Took over the role of CIT Acting President from May 28 – June 23, 2017 to help out CIT President during her time off.
- Sent the CCIE/CIT agreement drafted by Debra Russell to CIT board for their review, suggestions and approval. The agreement will be signed in person at the CIT conference in Salt Lake City, UT in 2018. Until then it will be signed electronically.
- Invited Debra Russell to our online meeting on 6/21/17.
Mary Stotler Award Committee
- Created a draft flyer to announce the nomination process coming this fall.
- Possible committee members were discussed
- Laurie Swabey has agreed to serve on the Mary Stotler Award committee. Both Carol Patrie and Anna Witter-Merrithew have declined our invitation to serve on the committee. Carole suggested Marty Taylor
- Rich Larson provided with some possible RID representatives for this committee. RID must choose one and CIT will choose one.
- The nomination process will open this fall on around September 15, 2017.
- Discussion of the CIT bylaws committee for the revisions at the business meeting – will hold on this until after our face to face meeting in August.
- Talked with Dr. Raychelle Harris about JASLL’s platform and received some information from her. JASLL is under ASLized. The platform they use is WordPress.
- Will contact Brandon Author as well as there are breaks so that if a mistake is made in the video recording one does not have to go back and record the whole thing again.
Open Letter to the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf & Center for
Assessment of Sign Language Interpreters
- Discussion of the email and letter sent by Shane Feldman with CSD in regards to a unified letter to RID.
CIT Camera Equipment Order Needed ASAP
- Discussion of the ordering of the equipment.
Deaf Interpreter Conference II
- Sent logo to Keven Poore, Co-Chair of Deaf Interpreter Conference II as part of our sponsorship package.
American Sign Language Teachers Association
- Filled out exhibition booth information for ASLTA national conference to be held in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dirty Beard Clothes Company – a Deaf-owned T-Shirt Business Company in
- Left a message for them to contact me regarding their t-shirts. Haven’t heard back from them. Do you still want me to contact them again?
- Action of Items
- Checking: $41,050.71
- Savings: $88,507.76
- PayPal: $66,487.74
- Total: $136, 046.21
There is a $69,000 difference between May and June. We made a large advance to Carolyn Ball as seed money for the conference ($30K), and had many flights, conference registrations, and sponsorships that cleared the bank in June.
- Update on NTFDBI – this is on hold for now, Rhonda Jacobs will be in touch.
- Discussion of the survey for the name changed
Professional Development Lazorisak:
- No report, everything seems to be going smoothly
Director of Public Relations and Outreach
- Discussion of Bylaws translation
- CIT needs more of a public face in the Deaf community
Publications & Research Wheeler:
- Related to the business meeting motions and where she is with that. Will be doing a follow up Doug
- Had a meeting with Director of Member relations about social media
- vacant Becca Minor will temporarily take over this position as well until August board face to face meeting.
Next Meeting Schedule: August Face to Face meeting August 7 – 10, 2017
Meeting Adjourned by Vice President Kurz 8:38 pm Eastern