University of Louisville
Term Instructor – ASL Interpreting Studies
Academic Year 2019/2020
A one-year, renewable based on the needs of the program, full-time term instructor appointment beginning August 1, 2019.
We seek applicants prepared to teach face-to-face undergraduate courses who are committed to teaching excellence, program development, scholarship, and collaboration with faculty, staff and community partners.
- M.A. in Interpreting Studies, American Sign Language, Teaching ASL-English Interpreting, ASL Linguistics, or other closely related field by the time of appointment
- Native or near-native proficiency in ASL
- ASL interpreting certification from RID or other acceptable certifying body (e.g., NIC, CDI, CI/CT, AVLIC, etc.)
Candidate must be able to teach a combination of ITP courses such as:
- ASL-to-English Interpreting
- English-to-ASL Interpreting
- Specialized Settings in Interpreting
- Introduction to Interpreting
- Multiculturalism in Interpreting
- Other ITP/ASL courses as needed
For full position description and requirements, including application procedures, please visit www.louisville.edu/jobs (ASLIS Term Instructor (Job Id: 36865). Review of applications will begin May 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. EEO Employer.