Sign Language Interpreter & Mentor
Aging and Disability Services Division is accepting resumes for a certified Sign Language Interpreter/Mentor position in Las Vegas, NV. This position will join the team of Communication Access Services (CAS) Interpreters within the Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD). This position will be responsible for providing direct interpreting services for various State agencies under the direction of the CAS Social Services Program Specialists II and III. This position will also mentor interpreters following the CAS Mentorship curriculum. CAS Interpreters adhere to professional standards, best practices, and follow the NAD – RID Code of Professional Conduct. This position will be expected to perform outreach to State agencies regarding the availability of CAS Interpreting services and best practices when working with interpreters.
The Communication Access Services (CAS) program includes Relay Nevada, Communication Access Service Centers, Nevada Interpreter/CART Registry, interpreting services, and mentoring.
The Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) provides an atmosphere of innovative thinking, teamwork, friendly co-workers, and promotes a positive work environment. The mission of ADSD is to provide leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan to allow all of Nevada’s elders, children and adults with disabilities or special health care needs, to live independent, meaningful and dignified lives to the greatest extent possible. The responsibility of ADSD is to ensure the provision of effective supports and services to meet the needs of individuals and families.
- Valid Certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study
- Have passed the Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment – Written Test (or able to complete within 6-months of start date)
- Current Registration with the Nevada Interpreter/CART Registry as a Community – Skilled, Advanced, or Master (or meet the qualifications to do so if the applicant is out of state)
- Experience in mentorship
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work a variable schedule as needed
- Experience as a mentor in a formal mentorship program
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience providing interpreting services to State Government agencies
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
As a full-time position compensation is approximately $81,036. annually. Excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Plan, paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, and no state, county, city or social security tax. Other employee benefits such as life and disability insurance, and deferred compensation plans are available.
For further information or to apply, please submit your resume or Curriculum Vitae with a letter of interest and three (3) professional references to:
ADSD Human Resource Analyst
1391 S. Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Applications will be accepted until recruitment needs are satisfied
In the Subject line, please reference: Sign Language Interpreter/Mentor