Clinical Assistant Professor, Sign Language Interpreting (8081)
Posting Number: req216
9 Month Full-Time
Idaho State University
Serve as faculty in the Sign Language Interpreting and Sign Language Studies programs.
Clinical faculty are permitted to provide consulting services of up to eight hours per week to outside organizations as a way to ensure that our faculty are current with trends and skills in the profession of sign language interpreting.
SLI faculty serve as a liaison to the program Community Advisory Board, which has a 50%+ Deaf membership of consumer and organizational representatives. Faculty supervises student relationships with Deaf community mentors, work-service projects and internships.
- Teach courses in Sign Language and Sign Language Interpreting
- Advise students
- Participate in recruiting activities
- Provide service to university as appropriate to rank and expertise
- Involvement in creative scholarship as appropriate to clinical faculty position
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Sign Language Interpreting or related field
- Currently hold or eligible for nationally recognized professional credentials in interpreting or ASL instruction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Potential for excellence in teaching
- Master’s degree in Sign Language Interpreting or related field
- Native user of ASL
- Demonstrated involvement in the Deaf community
- Experience teaching (online or on-campus)
- Success in team situations
- Experience or interest in administration
- Professional experience as an interpreter
- Knowledge and experience of CCIE accreditation standards.
Apply online: careers.isu.edu
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of interest, CV/resume, 3 letters of reference, official or unofficial transcripts. For successful hire, official transcript showing degree, proof of credentials in ASL teaching or interpreting, and ability to pass a criminal background check are required. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by July 27, 2015. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Significant tuition reduction is available to employee, spouse, and dependent child.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vf7bwmw