CIT Online Meeting
January 3rd, Wednesday
Time: 8:30 AM PST, 9:30 AM MST, 10:30 AM CST & 11:30 AM EST
The meeting was called to order at 11:31 am Eastern
- Roll Call Leslie Greer, Kim Kurz, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Patty Lessard, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, Becca Minor and Janis Cole
- Excused absent: none
- Absent: None
- Guest: none
- Minutes approval
- President Greer
- ASLTA / CIT MOU discussion what this MOU would entail.
- PPM send feedback to Jessica by January 11
- Newsletters – discussion of print newsletters and also redesigning the look of the newsletter. A discussion of when there is important information to mail out either a newsletter or a postcard to the members to alter them to the critical information.
- Discussion of membership numbers and recruitment/retention
- Legacies and Legends video / guideline – discussion of the video guidelines and the length.
- Vice President Kurz
- Nomination Committee – 5 people volunteered to be on the nominations committee for the 4 awards.
- Bylaws updates – discussion of the feedback for us to read related to the bylaws revisions.
- Secretary Bentley
- Action of Items
- Treasurer Lessard
- Wells Fargo
- Checking: $23, 494.15
- Saving: $86,663.58
- Wells Fargo
PayPal: $90,506.97 [“holding” for conference expenses]
- Communication Minor
- Survey on CIT’s name change – most wanted the name to change.
- Postcard mailers – will be sent the third week of January
- RID Views, CIT will have space in the RID Views. Will put in information about CIT’s upcoming conference.
- Discussion of the CIT store and desktop calendars.
- Professional Development Lazorisak
- Conference updates – contacted the 4 CIT board chosen presenters some still need follow up emails to get everything we need.
- Public Relations & Outreach Cole
- Talked about the Aurasma (HP Reveal)
- A sponsorship letter was designed and it will be signed in ASL and send out for sponsors.
- Deaf Studies Digital Journal – discussion of the format for the IJIE. Discussion of the idea for recording some of the presentations at the conference and that becoming the ASL version of the proceedings.
- Publications & Research Wheeler
- Update on how to apply for IJIE
- Request for feedback from the board on revised publication timeline and additional requirements before publishing in the CIT Newsletter.
- Dates for Spring and Summer 2018
Meeting adjourned by President Greer at 1:15 pm Eastern
Respectfully Submitted By,
Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Secretary