Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
October 14, 2014
Present: Leslie Greer, Richard Laurion, Cindy Volk, Carole Lazorisak, Wink Smith, Kimberly Hale, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Samond Bishara
Excused: Jimmy Beldon
Meeting started at 4:15 pm PST.
September 2014 minutes were approved.
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Discussion of arrival times to Portland. Everyone needs to send their arrival times to Leslie.
- Discussion of activities on Monday and Tuesday prior to the conference.
- When issues arise at the conference, we should try to direct them to the correct person , i.e. membership issues – see Jessica, etc.
Secretary Report- Cindy Volk
- Cindy has sent the Mary Stotler nominations to the committee and they will make a decision by October 15.
- Discussion regarding number of exhibitor tables.
- Email motion: The board approved authorizing the CIT treasurer to purchase up to $1000 worth of CIT promotional items that we might use for fundraising and to give as gifts. Motion carried. (B2014:23)
- Email motion: The board approved the MOU between CIT and RID. Motion carried: (B2014:24)
Treasurer Report- Richard Laurion
- We are staying within our conference budget.
Director of Communication and Technology Report – Wink Smith
- We have 36 people registered so far for on-line voting. We will put out information about this on a CIT newsbrief again.
- Discussion about a T-shirt fundraising idea. The board approved having Wink contact the individuals who have the T-shirts to negotiate this. Motion carried. (B2014:25)
- Wink discussed the plan for having the Chestnut lane Senior Citizens storytelling time.
Director of Membership- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- We currently have 345 registered for the conference.
Director of Public Relations and Outreach- Samond Bishara
- The 35th anniversary pins are done and in Portland.
- Samond is working on the video presentation from former CIT presidents.
Director of Research and Publications – Kimberly Hale
- Proceedings have been sent to the editor.
Director of Professional Development – Carole Lazorisak
- Carole has been working on many details for the conference regarding rooms, food, hotel, etc
The meeting was adjourned at 6:05 pm PST.