CIT Online Meeting
May 18, 2014
5:30 pm [PST]
Present: Leslie Greer, Richard Laurion, Kimberly Hale, Carole Lazorisak, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Excused: Cindy Volk and Wink Smith
Unexcused: Jimmy Beldon and Samond Bishara
Summer Meetings – June 22, 8PM EDT; July 13, 8PM; August 17, 8 PM
- Please finish all Action Items before the conference and preferably before July 1.
- Discussion of gifts for conference presenters. Richard will place the order when the gets the exact number.
- Everyone needs to look at the strategic planning document for approval.
- If a board member is not able to attend a meeting, please send a report to the president before the meeting, so that information can be shared.
- Richard filed the registration for the state of Kansas and this is complete for 2014 Annual IRS. 990 tax form, Richard and our accountant were unable to meet before corporate taxes were due on May 15th. An extension was filed and Richard will be meeting with the accountant in the next couple weeks.
- After everyone reviewed the 2016 site location, Leslie and Richard signed the contract and filed it in Dropbox under 2016 conference.
- Richard met with the Directors of the NCIEC Consortium. They suggested a slight change in the plans for StreetLeverage articles. Their suggestion was that instead of 4 articles the Directors will take responsibility to write 9 articles over the academic year. Each article would focus on a specific theme and curate information contained in previous articles written on the Stree tLeverage blog. This idea has been proposed to Brandon Arthur. He has not responded yet.
- CIT Conference registration numbers are 151 registrations to date.
Director of Communication and Technology Smith (VLOG)
- The resource page on the website is complete. ASLTA will be contacted for a link to their page.
- All board members need to test the use of mobile phones, ipads, etc for ease of connecting to the CIT website.
- We need to do a vlog on encouraging newsletter submissions.
Professional Development Lazorisak
- OSD Trip – Carole reported that 100 members responded to the poll. The numbers identified that 60% of respondents were interested in the trip and 40% were not. It was decided that we should issue the registration at $35/person and encourage registration now. We should also secure one bus and find out from the bus company if they might recommend another transportation provider who can match the prices and service.
- Carole spoke with ASLTA board members about our conference.
- Anna will be sending a report about the presenters for the conference soon.
Research and Publication Hale
- Two people have been identified as proceedings editors.
- We have also had two individuals express interest in being the journal editors.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm PST.