Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
August 17, 2014
Present: Leslie Greer, Richard Laurion, Cindy Volk, Carole Lazorisak, Wink Smith, Jimmy Beldon
Excused: Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Kimberly Hale, Samond Bishara
Meeting started at 3:56 pm PST.
July 2014 minutes were approved.
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Discussion about having a CIT representative on the RID CPC revision committee as well as other RID committees such as Certification Committee, Professional Development Committee, Ethical Practices and Code of Professional Conduct. Discussion about who would pay for the costs for a CIT member to be a member of that committee. Jimmy will contact RID about this. Discussion about having a forum at our conference regarding the CPC revisions. The Certification Committee also wants to host a forum at our conference.
- Discussion about the RID-CIT MOU committee which consists of Jimmy, Jessica and Richard.
- Discussion about a way to honor all the past presidents of CIT since this is our 30th
Vice-President Report – Jimmy Beldon
- The by-laws committee has been meeting. Discussion about adding ASL only for business meetings. Discussion about increasing executive board member terms from 2 to 4 years.
- We have 3 confirmed international sign language interpreters for the conference. We still need 2 – 3 more.
- 1 person has indicated interest in being the nominations chairperson.
Secretary Report – Cindy Volk
- The board approved the following advertising prices for the conference program book via email:
Full page, portrait orientation, black/white $400
Half page, landscape orientation, black/white $250
Quarter Page, portrait orientation, black/white $150
Full page, color ad (inside front or back cover) $1000
Full page, color ad (inside back cover) $800
One premium, back/outside cover ad, color $1,500
Also: people who pay for ad space will be highlighted on the CIT webpage and Facebook page and can put other items (flyers, etc) inside the program bags.
Motion carried: (B2014:20)
Treasurer Report – Richard Laurion
- Richard is working on reconciling the books, but we have approximately $220,000 currently.
- The board approved that the treasurer have up to 4 hours of consulting time with the accountant for up to $250. Motion carried: (B2014:21).
Director of Communication and Technology – Wink Smith
- Wink is making a video about Polleverywhere which will be used for voting at the conference. We need to continue our membership with them until after the conference.
- The RID Certification Committee would like to have a forum at the conference.
Director of Professional Development – Carole Lazorisak
- Carole added more rooms to the hotel contract.
- CEUs will be provided for the conference through CM Hall.
- Carole attended the MHIT (Mental Health Interpreter Training) conference on behalf of CIT. Carole will provide a report on the conference.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:30 pm PST.