CIT Board Meeting
Friday – Sunday, April 1-3, 2016
Board Members in Attendance: Friday, April 1, 2016
- Leslie Grier, President
- Jimmy Beldon, Vice President
- Kimberly Hale
- Jeremy Rogers
- Kellie Stewart
- Patty Lessard (arrived approximately 10 am)
Arrived: Saturday, April 2, 2016
- Carole Lazorisak
Friday April 1 Absent: Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Saturday April 2 and Sunday April 3 Excused: Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Friday, April 1, 2016
The meeting began at 8:53 am.
- Strategic Plan
- General Discussion
- Review the revised history written by Kellie Stewart
- Spit into 2 groups to work for the rest of the day:
- Leslie Grier, Jimmy Beldon and Patty Lessard = worked on revising the PPM
- Jeremy Rogers, Kimberly Hale and Kellie Stewart = worked on revising the Strategic Plan
- In the afternoon/evening we reviewed and completed the final edits for all of yesterdays small group work on the Strategic Plan and PPM.
The meeting adjourned for the evening at 8:30 pm.
Saturday, April 2, 2016
The meeting begins at 8:59 am.
Note: The CIT Board will develop an MOU with Street Leverage, which will focus on any outlining the parameters for future conference donations.
- President’s Report (Leslie Greer)
Report: Update on Street Leverage conference and request for sponsorship
- Vice President’s Report (Jimmy Beldon)
- Included information on the CIT Conference interpreters (10 interpreters, 2 local CDI’s
- CIT By Laws Referendum passed (on-line vote)
103 – Support
6 – Opposed
- Fall 2016 Elections: Bylaws call for odd year elections for President, VP, while even year elections include Secretary and Treasurer.
- Secretary’s Report (Jessica Bentley-Sassaman)
Reviewed minutes of the last meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report (Patty Lessard)
- Business Checking Acct: $14,102.96 available balance
- Business High Yield Savings Acct: $172, 293. 52
- $70,000 was reserved for the CIT Conference Budget
- Jimmy Beldon suggests we establish a 2nd savings account for money generated and paid out for the CIT Conference.
- Professional Development Report (Carole Lazorisak)
- We have 9 Conference Registrations as of April 2, 2016
- PR Report (Jeremy Rogers)
- Short discussion about 2016 CIT Conference volunteers to clarify role and distinguish between volunteers who might be graduate students in education vs. IPP students. We will incorporate both as volunteers for this upcoming conference, but graduate students should have greater responsibilities.
- Membership Report (Kellie Stewart):
- We currently have 316 Active CIT members
- Research and Publications Report (Kimberly Hale):
- Having issues with providing printed copies of the IJIE (Discussion)
- Stopped providing printed copies of the IJIE due to printing expense and challenges with mailings. The database creates difficulties with tracking who has an IJIE subscription vs. an active membership. There are also payment issues when non-members are attempting to pay for an IJIE subscription.
- Conference Report (Lyndsey Antle, Chair)
- Received $5000 = in-kind donation from their Eastern Kentucky University
Paused the Meeting: TOUR OF THE HOTEL
- Resumed the meeting: worked on assigning conference event rooms for workshops, meetings, etc.
- Met with the Hotel Rep to discuss and confirm sleeping and meeting rooms
- Revised and approved the MOU for Pre-Conference workshop presenters
- Researched and selected the pull-over-t-shirt for the Board to wear during the opening night at the fall conference.
The meeting begins at 9:00 pm.
Sunday, April 3, 2016
The meeting begins at 8:59 am.
- Conference Program Book discussion: decided to provide a PDF document which could be emailed to attendees 1 week prior to conference
The meeting adjourned at 11:38 am to head for the airport!