CIT Online Meeting
August 28, 2020
Start time 6:06 pm Eastern
Roll Call, Present:
- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- Stephen Fitzmaurice
- Kim Kurz
- Rebecca Minor
- Francis Phiri (excused absence)
- Nicole Morgan
- Carole Lazorisak
- Danielle Hunt
- Discussion of meeting with CCIE and ASLTA in response to member “call to action”. A Task Force will be established with representatives from CCIE, ASLTA and CIT. CCIE will provide data. We will ask for members interested to join the Task Force.
- Discussion of possible idea to create current events in interpreting videos. Tabled for now.
- Discussion of preparations for the Business Meeting.
Vice President’s Report:
- Discussion of possible members interested in the VP position and Treasurer. Royce Carpenter has agreed to be our nominating contact person for the Vice President and Treasurer positions. Announcement from Royce has been posted.
- Awards – no new nominations so far. Likely to hold till 2022.
- Discussion of meeting with parliamentarian to prepare for Business Meeting.
PayPal $ 16852
TOTALS: $ 100,635
- Discussion of using G suites for Board emails.
- Discussion of Webmaster RFP draft.
- Discussion of Copy Editor fees and moving to IJIE to college press.
Will email July meeting minutes for vote.
Discussion of communicating with conference 2020 presenters about presenting at ASLTA or webinar. First webinar will be December 2020.
Discussion of access to the database and emailing members.
Public Relations and Outreach
Research and Publications
Discussion of IJIE. We will not be moving forward with the special edition of IJIE for presenters that were accepted to the CIT 2020 conference. Very few interested presenters so the idea will be tabled.
Discussion of IJIE comparing different university press systems and adding ISBN numbers and publishing under Google Scholar. Allow proceedings to be searchable.
[Motion] Treasurer Fitzmaurice moves that we purchase Google suites access for one year. Rationale: streamline the emails to the board and possibly switch over the website. Set up emails with admin rights. Allow us not to use personal email address. 2nd by Dani Hunt, Pass unanimously
Discussion of coming to Baltimore for Business meeting.
Meeting adjournment moved by Dani Hunt. – meeting adjourned by President Bentley-Sassaman at 7:19pm Eastern.