CIT Online Meeting
January 15, 2020
Start time 6:36 pm Eastern
Roll Call, Present:
- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- Stepehen Fitzmaurice
- Kim Kurz
- Rebecca Minor
- Francis Phiri
- Sarah Wheeler
- Nicole Morgan – Absent
- Carole Laszorisak
- Leadership – President Bentley-Sassaman to attend the NAD Summit on Interpreting.
- Access to bank account – Discussion of how to add and change access for executive board.
Vice President’s report
- Awards update –Mary Stotler awards committee.
- Bylaws – will be open for 60 days review very soon.
- Conference Policies –language for inclusivity/civility statement. Board to edit then create a signed version.
- Vote on December meeting minutes
- Scholarship criteria and needs
- Accounts/budget updates
WF Checking $ 20,074
WF Savings $ 7,374
PayPal $ 57,199
Total $ 84,648
- Updates from the conference committee – conference schedule to approve soon.
- Discussion of payment plan for the CIT conference registration.
- Discussion of Bring Back Deaf Club event
- Discussion of interpreting needs for international presenters
Public Relations & Outreach
- Discussion of CIT role and obligation to international community
- Pay it Forward – advertising materials needed
Research and Publications – Sarah
- No report
Communications – Nicole
- No report
Motion to accept the proposal for the Catie Center to host pre-conference activities.
Rationale: it will increase opportunities for members to earn CEUs and may help improve conference attendance.
Fiscal impact: little to none.
R Minor/S. Fitzmaurice
Any new business
Minor/Fitzmaurice. Move to approve the December meeting minutes. Passed
- February 12th, 7:15pm EST (4:15pm PST)
- March 25th, 7:15pm EST (4:15pm PST)
- April 15th, 7:15pm EST (4:15pm PST)
- May 6th, 7:15pm EST (4:15pm PST)
Meeting adjournment moved by Secretary Minor – meeting adjourned by President Bentley-Sassaman at