Are you thinking of attending CIT for your very first time? Not sure what to expect? We have just the thing for you. This year we are offering newcomers the opportunity to be paired with a more seasoned CIT conference-goer. This will allow you, as a newcomer to have a specific person to connect with during the conference who can help you decide which presentations might be a good fit for you, how the business meeting works, what to expect and other convention tips.
If you are attending CIT for the first time and would like to participate, just check the “First Timer” box on the registration form.
If you are a returning conference-goer, and would like to help a newcomer feel welcome, just contact Carol Patrie at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2018 for ideas and suggestions for welcoming a newcomer to the CIT conference.
Here are some ways you can welcome a newcomer to the conference:
- Exchange emails in advance with the newcomer – remind them to bring business cards, etc.
- Plan to meet the newcomer in person about 30 minutes before the opening session.
- Help with selecting sessions to attend based on interests.
- Explanation of how the business meeting works
- What to expect at the banquet
- Be a friendly face in the halls for any newcomer