September 6 2017 Board Meeting Minutes

CIT Board Online Meeting

September 6, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 11:41 am Eastern

Present: Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Kim Kurz, Carole Lazorisak, Sarah Wheeler, and Patty Lessard

Excused: Leslie Greer

Late Attendance: Becca Minor, Janis Cole

Minutes: June and August

President Greer:

No report

Vice-President Kurz:

  • Acting as president in this meeting
  • Discussion about VRSII and CATIE Center, CIT will make a donation to assist with the cost of the food at this event. It is November 30 – December 3, 2017.
  • Contacted the expert in social justice to set up the mission and vision statement.
  • Got the Robert’s Rules of Order
  • Discuss with Leslie about using the interview Jimmy did with Libby Pollard about the parliamentarian procedure

Secretary Bentley-Sassaman:

  • Action of Items

Treasurer Lessard:

Wells-Fargo Account:

  • Checking: $33,909.80
  • Savings:    $88,021.13

Total $121,930.93

  • PayPal:     $66,732.88

 

  • Total:       $188,663.81
  • Contacted CITI Bank about the credit card for Carolyn Ball to use for the conference budget.

Directors:

Communications Minor: 

Working on getting the correct addresses for ITP to send out a post card to them about jointing CIT. Will send the board a sample of the photo for approval.  Would like to send out by the end of September.

Professional Development Lazorisak:

1. Select a plenary speaker, one is still needed

2. MD retreat

a. Contract

b. Carla Shird – a letter & contract? Leslie to do this???

3. Catie Center & SLC

4. Conference planning

 

Director of Public Relations and Outreach

Publications & Research Wheeler:

Publications & Research Director

Sept 2017 Meeting-Agenda Updates

  1. Develop hard deadlines for the proceedings. if not on time then the pertness can’t present. Need to have due date in the summer so that the proceedings are published by the time of the conference.

pastedGraphic.png

  1. Develop a policy for the open source publications
    1. International Journal of Interpreter Education (IJIE) will provide prorated refunds upon request for articles that were purchased prior to the journal becoming Open Access on February 1, 2017. Refunds will only be honored for a year from the date that the IJIE made the decision to go open access, and will not be granted after February 1, 2018.
      APPROVED POLICY Aug 17, 2017
  2. Look for Mark Taylor’s article to send to Jessica and the board
    1. Emailed to the board on Sept 6, 2017
  3. Share ideas related to future Research “Think Tank” meeting
    1. CIT could host quarterly online “think tanks” where one person could ‘facilitate’ from the board. I would like to plan one in May 2018 (once my dissertation is over…smile)
      1. Topic Ideas
        1. Needed research studies for the field of interpreting. Support, resources, and collaboration opportunities.
        2. How to publish in the IJIE. Tips, resources, and processes.
  4. Discussion of guidelines for protocol in the International Journal of Interpreter Education in relation to ASL and English versions of articles.
    1. Possibly starting this process for the 2018 conference proceedings. Conference Proceedings Timeline reflects this option. Requesting further input from the group.
    2. Needing to discuss a starting point for this process during our meeting.
  5. Constant contact
    1. We would be expected to provide the information initially. Once the system is set up then it would be automatically populated.
  6. Had a meeting with Director of Member relations about social media.
    1. Waiting for further direction.
  7. Edited the “Are You Ready” video and sent it to the CIT board on Sept 6, 2017.
    1. Requesting feedback from the board.

Next Meeting Schedule:  October 4, 2018 11:30 am Eastern

Meeting Adjourned by Vice President Kurz 12:24 pm Eastern