Assistant Professor of American Sign Language Education
Tulsa Community College
Summary: As the primary function, the full-time faculty member serves as a catalyst in the learning process by keeping current in the chosen field, presenting course content in an organized and motivating manner, and responding to students as distinct individuals with varied interests, needs and abilities.
Minimum Qualifications: Masters’ Degree in Interpreting-related as an appropriate field of study required with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- RID Professional Certification required.
- ASLTA certification is expected within a two-year period post hiring.
- Qualified applicants nearing completion of a Masters’ Degree will also be considered.
- Philosophy compatible with that of a comprehensive urban community college.
- Knowledge and skills in pedagogy and content relevant to interpreter education.
Preferred Qualifications: Prefer successful teaching experience in teaching ASL and interpreting-related courses at the community college or university level.
Prefer experience as a certified ASL interpreter.
Apply at careers.tulsacc.edu