Our CIT Biennial conference will be held October 31- November 3, 2018. During the business meeting, the members will vote for two board positions, President and Secretary.
From our by-laws, here are the duties of the two positions:
- The President shall:
- Convene regularly scheduled board meetings and shall preside or arrange for other members of the Executive Officers to preside at each meeting in the following order: Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer;
- Appoint chairs of all standing committees not otherwise provided in the bylaws;
- Report at least twice a year to the membership on the state of the organization;
- Cast the deciding vote in case of a tie, except in elections;
- Be ex-officio member of all committees;
- And act as a mentor to the newly elected President for one year after the term of office has ended;
- The Secretary shall:
- Keep accurate and complete minutes of all meetings of the organization and the Board of Directors;
- Maintain a record of all documents and files belonging to the organization;
- Oversee the publication of the same if so ordered by the Board meetings of the organization;
- Conduct the general correspondence of the organization;
- Notify each member of the Board regarding the location and time of Board meetings of the organization;
- Inform the membership regarding the location and time of the biennial Conference and business meeting;
- Within 30 days of any meeting, send minutes to the Board, in the case of Board meetings; and to the membership, in the case of a general business meeting;
- Follow guidelines for recording of minutes as approved by the Board;
- And act as a mentor to the newly elected Secretary for one year after the term of office has ended.
If you are interested in serving in one of these positions or would like to nominate someone else, please send a message to the CIT Nominations Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration and the CIT board looks forward to seeing you at the conference this fall.